What’s special about CDC?
Our original preschool campus is located at 1611 Westminster Place, in Ann Arbor. Opening in Fall 2018 is our second preschool campus, located at 4001 Ann Arbor-Saline Rd. The school, founded in 1972, educates children 2 ½ through 5 years. It is a mixed aged, choice based, NAEYC accredited school. The program values an environment where children can explore and expand their developmental knowledge by directing their own play. Staff are here to help foster the interests of the children, engaging them in “play with a purpose”. We strive to create a supportive community where children’s own growth and strengths can be expanded and provide them with the skills and independence to succeed as they grow as individuals.
Before & After School Care
Our programs are run out of three schools: Burns Park Elementary and Lawton Elementary. . We are an enrichment program where children can be “kids”!
Freedom of choice is the heart of our program. Children are encouraged to interact with the environment and materials in ways that are meaningful to them; including suggesting and leading their own ideas and activities.
In our multiage setting, a friendly and highly trained team of staff work to create an engaging and supportive environment.
At Kids Club children learn independence, positive social skills, responsibility and empathy. This prepares them to be ready for life!
Our School Age Camp, founded in 1984, offers all of the traditional camp arts, crafts, games, swimming and sports to children who are kindergarten graduates through 5th grade . We will take buses to Buhr Pool each day for swimming. Children are encouraged to participate in the planning of activities in order to accommodate their individual and group interests. It includes choice time in a mixed age setting as well as a group time based on age. This gives the younger children a much needed opportunity to connect with a single teacher, and the older children a chance to work on more advanced long term projects. We are committed to a quality and fun summer camp program!
We believe in providing all children a choice based engaging environment that fosters all areas of development and growth. Children are allowed to explore their environment in a way that is meaningful to them, research shows children learn through their play. We are sensitive and cater to each child’s developmental needs, and we strive to create an atmosphere that encourages self confidence and a positive self-image. The mission of the organization is to be “community based” and inclusive to all families and provide a safe, affordable childcare experience.
Thanks to generous donors, families received over $30,000 in tuition assistance this year. We value relationships and are dedicated to providing the highest level of quality and customer service for ALL families.
What our families say!
- “My daughter went to CDC from age 2 1/2 – 5, and she (we) loved every moment of it! Such a positive, fun atmosphere with wonderful teachers and leadership. She still participated in CDC Kids club after school and CDC camp in the summers. I’ll be sad when she is an alumni!.“
- “We share similar ideas about respecting the rights of children to be children. You run a great program and our students thrive”
– AAPS teacher
- “Kids Club is the best thing about Burns Park!”
– CDC Kids Club and Camp Parent
- “Thank you for taking care of my son’s heart and mine. You do the most important work that there is to be done in this world. You keep and protect and grow hearts”
- “When my daughter started to attend Kids Club, I could see a big change in her. She absolutely LOVES the Kids Club staff – she is definitely hard to please!”
- “Kids Club has given my son the consistent support that he knows he can depend on and a community he can be a part of and thrive in. A community he knows he can always count and rely on just as much as he would me, his mother!”
- “In building relationships and making friends, I knew CDC Camp was the place for her”
- “During my time here I’ve learned so muchand feel CDC has helped me grow into the man and father I am today. The passion I’ve seen and the care for children is phenomenal.”
- “I learned how to be nice to kid and solve my problems.”
– CDC Preschool alum (3rd grade)