About the program
We offer a variety of activities that the children can choose from. We have games, arts and crafts, more involved long term projects, Legos, blocks, and other manipulatives. We spend a lot of time outdoors where children can play an organized game or just play on the playground equipment.
There are several ways in which we monitor kids in the pool:
- We have a system using clothes pins to monitor which children are in the pool and which children are on the deck or in the restroom.
- Each child has a buddy for swimming; no child is ever in the pool without a buddy.
- Every 15 minutes we do buddy checks in which all the children go to the edge of the pool for a head count.
- We maintain a low staff to child ratio (1:4).
- Children cannot go in water past their armpits unless they have passed the deep end test.